Sunday 13 November 2011

Autumn weekends III

Still working my way through October photos...we seem to have had such beautiful weather this autumn that I have hundreds and hundreds of photos, capturing the light through the turning leaves, all the more precious because I know that it won't last, that winter's darker, colder days are ahead.

Another October weekend. By chance, I discover that it is the annual Apple Day at Camley Street Natural Park. A small, wild, green space tucked behind Kings Cross, where we wander down dirt paths, duck under low hanging branches. Marvel at all the different London heritage apple varieties. Drink still cider, watch a outdoor cooking demo by Clippy of Clippy's Apples. Walk home along the canal, past Camden Lock, up through Primrose Hill, collecting leaves. Friends for dinner, a seasonal supper, with Brambles to start, an Ottolenghi quince and dolcelatte salad, a Nigel Slater mushroom lasagne. Sunday brunch at Bill's.














8 comments:

  1. What pretty pictures, the apple day looks lots of fun. I do love Bill's, we used to go all the time for breakie when we lived in Brighton- too yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had another great weekend, love the photos, the last one is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos create a beautiful autumnal atmosphere. I especially like the photo of the apples, my favourite fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the most beautiful weekends. Really inspires me to try harder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. You have such lovely weekends. I'm dying to know how you manage to do such lovely things and fit in the rubbish stuff, like washing and cleaning! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Autumn really is a superior season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!

    @PinkCatJo I do wash and clean, honest, but just not fun to blog about :)

    ReplyDelete