Saturday 2 January 2010

Fresh Start


Happy New Year everyone! I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I saw in the New Year with friends in South London, at a crowded house party. As we arrived paper lanterns were being released into the sky over Clapham Common, glowing orbs in the darkness, and as we left, in the early hours of the morning, snow began to fall, magical in the orange light of the streetlamps.

We didn't get home until 5am, but I woke to bright sunshine and blue skies and spent a lovely day with friends, my sister and her boyfriend who were all staying with me. Home-baked blueberry muffins for brunch, a walk in the frosty park, scaring ourselves silly watching Turn of the Screw in the afternoon, more friends over for dinner and Agatha Christie's Marple in the evening. A lovely, relaxed day, full of promise for the year ahead.

And the discovery that my new blue silk dress that I had worn to the party and had various drinks spilled onto (it was very crowded) was machine washable and so I wouldn't be starting the new year with a hefty dry cleaning bill.

I can tell it's going to be a good year already.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Your night sounds so much fun... and a machine-washable silk dress?! Amazing, what a happy discovery! I think 2010 is indeed going to be a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It all sounds perfect. And how great that your dress is machine-washable. Whew!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete