Friday 16 October 2009

w4m - 23 - (London)



I have just discovered Missed Connections (via Goodnight Little Spoon - though I'm sure I have seen links to it somewhere else before, I just never followed them until now). Sophie Blackall is an illustrator based in Brooklyn, New York who started a blog containing her own illustrations for some of the many 'missed connections' adverts that appear daily. She writes this: 'Messages in bottles, smoke signals, letters written in the sand; the modern equivalents are the funny, sad, beautiful, hopeful, hopeless, poetic posts on Missed Connections websites. Every day hundreds of strangers reach out to other strangers on the strength of a glance, a smile or a blue hat. Their messages have the lifespan of a butterfly. I'm trying to pin a few of them down.'

Pure brilliance, check it out if you have a moment.


(all images from Missed Connections)

1 comment: