Wednesday 30 September 2009

One


I go against the age old saying and do, in fact, judge books by their covers. Which is not to say that I would never read or buy a book that didn't have an appealing cover, but rather that a good illustration, photograph or typeface can always tip me over the edge from indecisive to parting with my money. Even if I already own a (usually more mundane looking) copy of the book in question, as was the case when I spotted the above in a Norfolk charity shop! What can I say, I am a sucker for a bit of pretty packaging.

4 comments:

  1. that book cover is fabulous!
    I don't think I could have walked away from it either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meee too! But then again, i studied design. It's the same way for everything: food packaging, restaurant logos, even soles of a shoe. I'm a snob :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ashamed to admit that I do to, and had I seen that cover, I would have snapped it up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's one of my favourite books, ever. it's so sun-drenched.

    ReplyDelete