Monday 6 July 2009

Down the rabbit hole


I have just seen some images from the new Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland on the Guardian website. Not sure when it is out but I can't wait, I really like his work. The colours look amazing, although I suspect that this is going to be a far darker version than the Disney one if this rather creepy image of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter is anything to go by!


Or how about this for the garden with the talking flowers?


The flower garden bit was only ever my second favourite scene, after the Mad Hatter's tea party as a definite first. I loved that eclectic collection of teacups and teapots even as a child! For my 23rd birthday in March I had my very own down-the-rabbit-hole tea party, only it wasn't tea in the teacups but cocktails instead. There were lots of cupcakes iced in salmon pink and pistachio green with edible glitter, and plenty of cucumber sandwiches. Three different types of cocktail, some of which we did actually pour from teapots, and a big bowl of raspberry punch, served in a massive glass punch bowl (with matching glass cups) that my sister picked up for me for just £3 in the auction house where she currently works.

And here are some pictures...






P.s I promise to tag some people with the questions Fay gave me soon...

1 comment: